Now onto the nails, it's simple, straightforward, and pretty sweet. You can easily modify and tweak the colors or background to fit your mood or personality but here's my easy and quick rendition.
Tools: dotting tool/bobby pin or something that makes dots, nail polish (as many or as little as you'd like), scrap paper or something to put the polish on.
2. Creat a few dots on your nail using your dotting tool, keep in mind these will be your drops so place them as close or as far away from the bottom of your nail as you want.
3. Using the polish brush drag the color from the dot you just made, up to the end of the nail. If you are using a thick brush like the OPI pro-wide use the side of it.
4. Next, using the same nail polish brush (or a nail art brush if you want to get real fancy and precise) fill in the top portion of your nail in an irregular line. Does that make sense? The picture explains it better.
5. I'm actually not sure why there's two pictures of the same thing haha 4 and 5 are the first dots completed.
6. Second nail done using the same technique.
7. All finished!
8. Apply a coat of topcoat or two to level the nail art with your actual nail and you're done!
Colors Used: NOPI - Base coat Plus, index and middle fingers Ulta - Wild Night, ring and pinky Franken, I forget the top coat used here, sorry.
Have a super duper fantastic amazing weekend! Also hint: some of the exciting posts coming up will include a trend (not nail art related) people have been raving over lately. Can you guess what it is? Roisin, you're not aloud to guess!
- xoxo Alexis Leigh